Sunday, June 22, 2014

Reducing time of traceroute in Windows System and Cisco Routers

We all know traceroute is the most important troubleshooting tool we required in our day-to-day operation but unfortunately this is one of the slowest tool.

I was aware that this tool is slow only because of domain lookup and we can tweak it to a bit faster, but what I was not aware is that if my organization required domain lookup then how can we reduce the time because at the time of troubleshooting if your traceroute takes 30 secs to respond then it is the most painful situation.

Thanks to my friend Paul Stewart(CCIE#26009) to help me to understand that how to tweak the same.

Please find the ways below through which you can reduce the time of traceroute:

1. In Windows System:

    You can use "-d" attribute to make sure traceroute is not doing the domain lookup. Please find the below Screenshot.



2. In Cisco Router:

    There are two ways through which you can achieve the same, either you stop the IP domain-lookup by         using the command "no ip domain-lookup" or you use the keyword "numeric" at the end of the traceroute     command.

 


Hope, it might helped you. I would like to say thank you to have patience to read my blog.

5 comments:

gibsonherry said...

A large portion of the web journals imagine themselves as most usable and refreshed websites with new data yet at some point truth may distinctive. I need to share a few actualities identified with this subject which will help individuals to improve their aptitudes. ProDesk 400 G4 MT

Unknown said...

I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
Cisco SG250

lettyharry said...

I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job.
Dell Media Tape Cartridge for LTO6

velraj said...


its very nice to read your blog and im really appreciate to read that.thanks to you for giving wonderfull ideas..thankyou
ccna training in chennai
ccna training in coimbatore
ccna Training in Bangalore
ccna training in madurai

dreamer said...

nice
CISCO Routers